WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Friday 21 March 2014

NEW BEGINNINGS CELEBRATION

Hello Everyone,
Today I finished my piece for the NEW BEGINNINGS CELEBRATION CHALLENGE #1 over at  CREATIVE BUG ON THE LOOSE.
For my card I used 'HAMILTON CELEBRATES' by Naomi - he was one of her Freebies to play along with.

I made a hand cut swing card using a template from The Frugal Crafter, with Freebie backing paper by MEINLILAPARK. On one of them I added blanket stitch to make it seem like his picnic blanky :-D. The little picnic basket scene was a freebie from Digital Two for Tuesday, which I left as it was in black and white.
I had to 'flip' Hamilton coz I realised that he would be hidden when the card was shut, but not until I had stuck him on there  ....Pfffttt!!!  At least I managed to pull off the first one before it stuck fast without trashing the whole swing system LoL
He was coloured up and then printed out several times so I could cut him up and make him 3D with foam pads :-) I did say 'sorry' to him every time I cut parts of him off LoL :-D





Challenges I am entering:

Crafty Little Fairies - Down on The Farm
Seize The Birthday -  Birthday Stitches Challenge
Papercrafting Journey - Photo Inspiration  (colours)
Little Red Wagon #229 - A Rainbow of Colours
Mod Squad Challenge - Cut It Out

14 comments:

  1. This is just so cute and fun. Love the swing window design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful art for my paper! Love it!
    ♡ Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally admire you for HAND CUTTING the swing card. Way to go Ike! Love the bright picnic blanky-ness going on!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just adorable! LOVE your coloring on the pig too! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable swing card! Love your papers and that sweet pig! Thanks so much for playing in my "Cut It Out!" challenge this week at Mod Squad Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, fab card! Love all the papers you have used and the design of your card! Thanks for joining us at PCJ this fortnight! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness Ike. This is simply fabulous! Hamilton looks great on this very cool swing card. I especially love the blanket stitch that you used. It really does look like a little blankie for Hamilton and he looks so cute all puffed up in 3D. Simply a wonderful birthday card. Thank you so much for joining in and celebrating with us during our New Beginnings Celebration Challenge. Good luck in the draw!

    Hugs,
    Lisa,
    Promotional Coordinator
    Creative Bug Digital SnapShots

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ay, this is so cute and funny.
    Love the folding.
    Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
    Hugs, Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your swing card is so fun. Glad you got to play along this month in our first challenge over at Creative Bug. Monica, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhhhh love it! And so impressed that you have made this by hand... I use my cameo to make those.. can't seem to wrap my head on how to do it otherwise lol Love the 3d effect!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Bug for our celebration challenge DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Gosh Ike, So super sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love this card and everything about it, Hamilton looks amazing and love the shape of your card...the quilt and picnic basket behind him is an awesome touch... loved your comment about apologizing to Hamilton, LOL... Have a great day my friend and thank you for joining our challenge!!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete