WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Monday 28 March 2011

SPRING TIME

Hello everyone,
Well, my mojo is working extremely well today. I have filled two multiple orders for Mothers Day cards, 2 birthday cards, 2 Challenges and I am up on my next 3 challenge projects !! Gosh it must be the Spring weather getting to me. Today has been a balmy 24 degrees, no wind and everything is green. I have baby chicks getting ready to hatch tomorrow - so it could be a late night for me :-) I love to watch them..no matter how many times I've seen them before, it's still a miracle every time :-) :-) At least in my creative mood I might get some more digis drawn up tonight for my site - you can find them at http://www.ikesart.com/
Anyway, enough rambling. Here is my entry for Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges No.30 - Spring.

I have used items from Card Kit 1 from Daisy's Digi  Doodles Store, for this project. I have made a pop-up diamond card using dusky pink cardstock. I then used all 3 of the backing papers to make a patchwork backer, for the main diamond and the bottom stand of the card. I threaded some pink ribbon through a beautiful off-white lace I bought in town from a wonderful Greek lady. Her shop is like Aladdin's cave and she has hundreds of beads, and many different styles of lace to name but 2 items. I could spend a fortune in there, but you have to laugh at the total disarray of the place... however, she knows where everything is, so what's the problem ?? This is Greece after all !!
Anyway, back to the card.... I decoupaged 3 daisy images and the little frame and made the 3D butterfly, which I attached to some fuse wire so he kind of hovers over the flowers. :-)
There are more elements to this kit, and there is also another kit in shades of yellow, which is also FAB. Why not pop to the store to have a look. :-)

9 comments:

  1. Ike, this card is stunning and beautiful. Great idea for Jules card kits. thank you so much for joining the challenge with this fabulous card at Daisy doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so pretty Ike, love the way you have used the kit
    thanks for joining in with us at Daisy Doodles this week
    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Ike this is fabulous... I love how you did the patchwork backer. Very nice! Thanks so much for playing with us at Daisy Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!!!!! Thank you so much for joining in at Daisy Doodles xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a unique card!! Lovely colors...thanks for joining us at Daisy Doodles =0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Job - that shape is great.
    Thanks for playing along at Daisy Doodles - Hugs. Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! I do LOVE pink :)

    Hugs, Sande x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card x Thanks for joining in with us at Daisy Doodles x Clare(DT) x

    ReplyDelete